Here are some things for us as adults to remember and/or for you to share with adults in your church:
- We share a common humanity, so we all breathe the same air, feel pain, bleed, walk, talk, sleep, etc.
- Adults have ears and can listen. Youth need people in their lives who will listen to their fears, hopes, and dreams.
- We can empathize and celebrate. Youth are looking for people who not only listen, but care enough to empathize with their pain, insecurities and fears and also celebrate their successes and the coming to fruition of their hopes and dreams.
- As we grow in God's love we can offer young people unconditional love , something desperately needed in our broken world.
- We have wisdom to share from life experiences. We may not be up with all the tech, gadgets and aps, but we have learned a thing or two along the way.
- We have other skills, an example of which is seen in the photo above.
Loving God, Loving Neighbor